People control diabetes mellitus by implementing changes in their routine life. Nowadays diabetic patient rate is increasing day by day because of an unhealthy diet, lack of physical activities, and stress. How to control diabetes mellitus? Diabetes mellitus can be controlled in various ways and the most effective methods are described in this article.
Diet plays a vital role for control diabetes mellitus. How does diet control diabetes mellitus?
1. Fiber-rich vegetables help to reduce spikes in sugar level after meals because it slows down carbohydrate absorption. Firstly, bitter gourd is very low in calories and a rich source of phytonutrients like dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. Moreover, it contains polypeptide –p which helps to low blood sugar levels, and charantin which increases glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis inside the cells of the liver, muscles, and adipose tissues. Secondly, green beans are low in carbohydrate and glycemic loads. They are high in various vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. It contains phenolic and flavonoids which reduce the risk of diabetes.
Apart from that, ladies fingers are low in calories, high in fiber, and many vitamins. High fiber helps to reduce the absorption of carbohydrates and improve insulin sensitivity. In addition, carrots contain many nutrients which help to lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and lower the risk of diabetic retinopathy. Furthermore, broccoli contains vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. Most importantly, it is the best source of fiber, folate, vitamin k, and vitamin c.
2. Eat diabetic fruits that contain more fiber, anti-oxidants, beta-carotene, and vitamins.
3. Eat fewer carbohydrate foods.
4. Whole grains are recommended for diabetes such as oats, brown rice, and brown bread include soluble fiber.
5. Day-to-day consistency in timing and amount of less intake of carbohydrate helps to control the blood glucose level.
6. Amla (Gooseberry): It contains chromium which regulates carbohydrate metabolism.
7. Consult with the dietician for a daily diabetic menu.
Exercise lowers the blood glucose level, improves blood circulation and muscle tone, and also decreases insulin resistance and glucose intolerance.
Walking, jogging, running, cycling, and swimming help to control diabetes mellitus, reduce your body weight, burn your calories, and boost your energy. Do exercise at least 30 minutes per day, as a result, people can control Diabetes Mellitus. However, monitor the blood sugar level before and after exercising because exercise converts glucose to energy and chance to go low blood glucose level.
Can stress cause diabetes mellitus? Stress can increase cortisol which increases blood sugar. Breathing techniques and yoga aid to reduce stress, so that people can control diabetes mellitus. Stress is an unnecessary disease or irregularity which not only disturbs a person’s mental stability but also damages a serene life.