Good food for eyesight improvement is necessary for a healthy life. The eye is 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter and is in the anterior portion of the orbit. The orbit is the bony structure of the skull that surrounds the eye and protects your eye. The retina is the visual receptive layer of the eye in which light waves are changed into nerve impulses and it contains blood vessels and photoreceptors. The top 10 good food for eyesight improvement are described in this health tip article. Many people do not know the best foods for good eye health. 10 Good food for eyesight improvement is carrot, fish, egg, orange, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, legumes, papaya, and avocado.
GOOD FOOD FOR EYESIGHT IMPROVEMENT
Carrots are the best source of beta-carotene and lutein that help for a healthy cornea. You can use carrots in salads or drink carrot juice.
Fish such as salmon and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help for cataract treatment.
Eggs contain vitamin A and lutein which aid in promoting eye health. You can eat at least one egg daily.
Oranges contain rich amounts of vitamin A and vitamin C. So that, it is best for your eyesight. Orange is one of the good food for eyesight improvement
Nuts include walnuts and almonds containing omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E which boost your eye health.
6. GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES
Green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale are good for macular degeneration and eye function.
7. WHOLE GRAINS
Whole grains include brown rice, whole oats, and wheat bread which reduce your risk for age-related macular degeneration.
Legumes such as black-eyed peas and kidney beans contain zinc and flavonoids that protect the retina and reduce the risk of cataracts.
Avocado contains lutein and zeaxanthin compounds that improve night vision and protect the eyes from UV rays.
Papaya has vitamin A and it promotes healthy vision. Papaya is the best good food for eyesight improvement.
Diet plays a vital role in the improvement of eyesight. Apart from Good food for eyesight improvement, we need to protect the eyes and take care of our eyes every day.
TIPS TO PROTECT YOUR EYES
1. Avoid eye straining and take a break while watching television, mobile, and laptop. And also take some rest between reading books
2. Do some exercise for your eye muscles.
3.Omega-3 capsule is good for your eyes. Take medication as per doctor’s order.
4. Identify the risk factors related to eye problems. The risk factors are the aging process, diabetes mellitus, trauma, hereditary, medications, and congenital.
5. Wash your face and eyes with plain water when you reach your home after an outing or shopping.
6. When any foreign bodies such as dust or dirt enter your eyes, you look upward and expose the lower lid. Then wet cotton-tipped with plain water gently twist the swab over the particles and remove it.
7. If any object penetrates your eye, never remove the object because it may be holding ocular structures. So, the object must be removed by the doctor. Moreover, cover the eyes with paper or plastic and tape in place. Do not bend over or lie flat because these positions may move the object. In addition, do not place pressure on your eyes.
8. If any chemicals splash into your eyes, wash your eyes with plain water for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Apart from that, obtain a sample of the chemical, if possible because the doctor can identify or check the PH level of that chemical.
The above-mentioned good food for eyesight improvement and tips to protect the eyes helps for long-lasting eye care so that we can live a healthy life. How to improve eyesight? You can find the answer here.